DATA & PRIVACY PROTECTION POLICY
WHO WE ARE
The mobile application, ‘MyTab’ is operated by MyTab DMCC (“we”, “our”, “MyTab” or “us”) so that we may: (1) help direct you to products and services which may be of interest to you; and (2) contact you with information and offers, suggestions and recommendations of products and services which may be of interest to you from either MyTab, its affiliates or its partners.
Where we use “our site” in this Data & Privacy Protection Policy, we mean www.mytabme.com.
Company Name: MyTab DMCC
Registered number: 162581
Our registered office: Jewellery & Gemplex 3, Dubai Multi Commodities Centre, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
DATA & PRIVACY
How do we protect your personal data?
MyTab is concerned with keeping your personal data secure and protecting it from unauthorised disclosure. We implement a variety of security measures to ensure the security of your personal data on our systems, including extensive due diligence on our code and run periodically vulnerability tests to make sure our applications and your data is always safe and secure.
If and when we use subcontractors to store your data, we enter into written agreements with them which comply with applicable data protection law in order to help ensure the security of your personal data is within best international standards. Unfortunately, no transmission of data over the internet is guaranteed to be completely secure. It may be possible for unauthorised third parties, to intercept or access transmissions or private communications unlawfully. While we strive to protect your personal data, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any personal data you transmit to us. Any such transmission is done at your own risk. If you believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please contact us.
How long do we keep your information for?
We only keep your information for as long as we need it.
If you have a MyTab account with us or provide information directly to us by filling in the forms on our site or via social media we will keep your information for no more than 5 years from the date you cease to have any active accounts with us. We keep your information for this long so that we can:
- ensure we contact you with information on products, services, suggestions, offers and recommendations relevant and appropriate to you
- deal with any issues or concerns that you may have about how we handled your account
- bring or defend any legal claims
- comply with regulatory audit requirements
What rights do you have?
Under the data protection rules, you have a number of rights in respect of your information, which include the right to:
- access your information
- withdraw your consent to the processing of your information at any time
- ask us to make changes to the information we hold about you to make sure that it is accurate and up to date
- delete or erase your information (sometimes called the right to be forgotten)
- stop or restrict our processing of your information
- object to our processing your information
- not be subject to automated decision-making; and
- request the transfer of some of the information we hold about you (known as data portability).
If you would like to exercise any of your rights, please contact us at email@example.com. Please note that an archive copy of any information provided to us may be retained by us for our records and for audit purposes.
You have the right to request a copy of the information we hold about you by sending your request in writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can unsubscribe from our emails at any time by clicking on “unsubscribe” at the bottom of the email.
California Privacy Rights: Under California Civil Code sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents are entitled to ask us for a notice identifying the categories of personal customer information which we share with our affiliates and/or third parties for marketing purposes and providing contact information for such affiliates and/or third parties. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to email@example.com.
Making a complaint
If you have any questions, concerns or complaints about the way we process your personal information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are not happy with the way we have handled your complaint or are still concerned about our handling of your personal information, you can lodge a complaint with your local data protection supervisory authority in your local jurisdiction.
If you are a U.S customer, you can contact the U.S. Department of Commerce and/or the Federal Trade Commission.
In the European Economic Area, the relevant supervisory authority is the one in the country or territory where:
- you are resident
- you work, or
- the alleged infringement took place
A list of National Data Protection Authorities in the European Economic Area can be found here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm.
For the United Arab Emirates, you can lodge a complaint (if applicable) to:
(a) the DIFC Commissioner of Data Protection; and
(b) the Abu Dhabi Global Market Office of Data Protection.
What we collect
At MyTab, we gather information in a range of different ways:
Information Automatically Collected
By using our site, we may, either now or in the future, automatically collect information about you and the device you are using, including:
- information about which pages you visit and which resources you use on our site
- information about how you got to our site
- your internet protocol address known as your IP address which is used to connect your device to the internet
- information about your preferences and items you have bookmarked, liked or shared
- your device’s operating system and platform
- the type and version of the browser you are using
- MAC addresses which are used as network addresses for Wi-Fi and Ethernet
- traffic data, which is aggregated information about the number of visitors, sessions, users and page visits to our site
- location data
- time zone setting
Information We Get From Others
We may get information about you from other third-party sources, such as social media accounts you might use to create a profile for MyTab. These other third-party sources will have their own applicable privacy notices, cookie notices and terms and conditions regarding the use of personal data and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for those notices, terms and conditions or the use of your personal data by those other third party sources.
Information You Give Us
If you sign up with us, we may also collect:
- your name
- your email address
- your address
- your social media account information
- your gender
- your date of birth
- your credit card BiN code
Please note that as a user of MyTab, you are responsible for keeping your login information including your password confidential. If you believe that your login information or password has been compromised or that someone else has accessed your account, please notify us immediately by contacting us at email@example.com.
Where do we get your information from?
We collect the information you provide to us directly or by filling in any of the forms on our site or via MyTab. We collect information:
- when you create an account with us or you change your account settings;
- when you go through the search functionality and redemption process on MyTab.
- when you give us your consent to contact you via email, phone, post, message or via our chat function to send you marketing campaigns, or to invite you to participate in surveys about our services, or our partners’ services;
- when you contact us directly via email, phone, post, message or via our chat function; and
- when you browse and use our site or MyTab (before and after you create an account with us).
- We also collect information from third party sites, such as advertising platforms and social media accounts.
Why do we need your information?
We need the information we collect automatically about your visit to our site to:
- administer our site
- improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner
- analyse how visitors use our site (including behaviour patterns and the tracking of visits across multiple devices)
- improve your online experience
We need the information you provide directly to us or by filling in any of the forms on MyTab:
- direct you to products and/or services which may be of interest to you
- contact you with information and offers, suggestions and recommendations of products and/or services which may be of interest to you
- contact you about those products and/or services on MyTab in which you have expressed an interest
- provide our services to you
- comply with our regulatory or legislative requirements
We also process your data to enforce our contractual terms with you and any other agreement, and for the exercise or defence of legal claims and to protect the rights of MyTab, restaurant partners or others (including to prevent fraud).
Who do we share your information with?
We sometimes share some of your information with other organisations, including but not limited to our affiliates and partners (including restaurant, marketing and advertising partners) and IT service providers (including cloud providers).
We also use a number of carefully selected third parties to supply us or you with products and services. We will only share your information with our suppliers, affiliates and partners where it is necessary for them to provide us or you with the services that are needed.
Where is your information stored?
Your information is stored through secure distributed cloud services hosted on Amazon Web Servers (AWS). For additional information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it. Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe.
Where we use providers based in the United States of America, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between Europe and the United States of America.
MyTab may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of third parties (e.g. payment processing sites or bank verification pages). If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own terms and conditions, privacy notices and cookie notices and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for those notices or your use of those websites.
Changes to our Data & Privacy Protection Policy
We may change this Data & Privacy Protection Policy from time to time. If we make any substantive changes related to how we collect or use personal data, we will change the content last updated date below. Other changes including grammar or spelling corrections will automatically update the timestamp at the bottom of this document.
This Data & Privacy Protection Policy was last reviewed and updated in September 2020.